Speedo and blinkers questions

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Speedo and blinkers questions
From: "Eric A. Yates" <eyates@enteract.com>
Date: Sun, 16 May 1999 19:06:00 -0500

I just sent this message to the list with a very non-specific subject
header of "Questions." Here again is the same message, this time with a
more informative header. Sorry about that!

-----

Hello all,

Got a question about the speedo in my '78. I disconnected it to remove and
refurbish the dashboard, and now re-installed it doesn't work. I am
guessing the drive cable is not pushed in far enough, but I can't push it
in any further and I don't remember exactly how far on the connector it was
when I removed it. Any ideas?

Also, I lost my blinkers when changing out the dashboard, although the
flashers still work. In the swap I also changed hazard switches, and I
understand all the blinker/flasher stuff runs through there. Should I tear
it apart and clean all the contacts or what? I still have my old flasher
switch to stick back in there, but this one looks better. Thoughts?

Thanks in advance,
Eric.

-----
Eric Yates