Re: Rubber Grommets for the wiring harness

To: Huw Upshall <hupshall@wolfenet.com>
Subject: Re: Rubber Grommets for the wiring harness
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Sat, 15 May 1999 22:03:48 -0700

Huw Upshall wrote:

> Where the heck can I get the rubber grommets for the wiring harness?

Grommets R US???

Typically, even though you may find new grommets for the wiring harness,
it is almost impossible to get it onto the harness without tearing it
up.  If the old grommet is not completely torn up, you can seal the gap
with mastick.  It works great and if you shape it, it is difficult to
tell it is not original.

Others are available.  Check with Spitbits, BP Northwest and/or TRF.

Joe

> Specifically:
>
> The rubber circular grommet that sits in the fuse box
> The rubber circular grommet for the part of the harness that goes to the
> wiper motor
> the rubber oval grommet for the main part of the harness that goes into the
> engine compartment
>
> Also, while we are at it how about:
>
> Drain plugs for the rockers, trunk, floor pans, doors etc...
>
> I can't seem to find these anywhere.

>  Huw Upshall                      Email:
>                                         @home: hupshall@wolfenet.com
>                                         @work: hupshall@microsoft.com
>                                   http:
>                                         @home: www.wolfenet.com/~hupshall
>
>  'Misspelled?  Impossible!  My modem is Error-Correcting!'

 -- Dave Weinbaum in National Enquirer