Misc. questions

To: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Misc. questions
From: "Neil McAllister" <neil.mcallister@fvrl.bc.ca>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 1998 20:11:17 -800
Hi all,

Awaiting water choke parts, Emma Peel and I are busy with a million other
details.
 A few questions:

Should I user gasket adhesive spray on my cork valve cover gasket?

Can someone send me the dimensions for the placement of the "Triumph Spitfire
1500" decal on the boot (trunk)?  Also, any installation tips (what should I
use to remove the wax - without damaging Emma's aging paint? Etc...)?

How do you remove the plastic dimmer knob from the switch shaft?  I've tried
everything except nuclear devices.

Finally, (the daily double bonus question) I think the DPO misinstalled the
hood prop.  Mine doesn't lock automatically into place; I have to move it the
last inch or so by hand.  Should the long straight shaft be at the bottom?
Mine is.  And which side of the bottom bracket (engine or outside) should the
shaft be on (mine's on the outside)?

Inquiring minds want to know.  Many thanks, and I hope everyone has (had) a
wonderful weekend.

Cheers,

Neil
1980 Spitfire 1500 (Emma Peel)