RE: Blown head gasket, or worse? -Reply

To: Spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: Blown head gasket, or worse? -Reply
From: nikolai jaremka <njaremka@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 1998 07:31:38 -0800 (PST)
i think i would have to agree with the condensation in your crankcase.
 my car seems to get this condition early on in the spring time, when
i first start to take the car out for the year.  i thought at first it
might have been the head gasket, but i never found any similar simtoms
on the dipstick.  and my compression tests proved to be consistant
with a good gasket as well.  i might suggest testing and searching as
much as you can without removing the head.  then you will save
yourself a lot of work if it isn't the head gasket.

---Ian Southwell <IanSouthwell@ApexSystems.COM> wrote:

> I may be wrong about this but my old Dolomite used to do exactly
this even
> after a rebuild and I was told it was condensation? or blocked
breather
> tubes from the cover to the carbs.  It ran fine for many-a-year with
this
> condition.
>
> Ian Southwell, Coventry
> GT6 Mk3 x 2

and
> > there
> > isn't any air being
> > blown into the coolant expansion tank.
> >
> > Am I on the right track with the head gasket?
> >
> > David Ware
> >
> > 77 Spitfire 1500 (UK)

==
nikolai jaremka