the car gets the ax!

To: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: the car gets the ax!
From: trunnell@mindspring.com (Glenn Trunnell)
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 1998 22:50:46 -0500
Hello everyone,

After looking at my investment in my "76 Spit I feel that parting the car
out will give me the best chance of breaking even.  I mentioned in an
earlier message that I might part the car and I want to give a general list
of the stuff I have.  Generally I intend to charge about 25-30% of the new
price for stuff (if is in very good condition) and less if the condition is
worse.  I will gladly send anyone pictures hopefully via e-mail if photo
floppy files can be e-mailed ( I'm looking into this now) or by snail mail
if necessary.  So here's the goods:

Restored frame (rust free, sand blasted painted with POR 15 and bolt holes
chased) 500.00 obo

Body tub (needs drivers side floor and rockers and some othe work) best offer

2L and 2R doors (3 are very good one has some small 1/8 in, rust holes all
have glass and window regulators, 2 have inner and outer door handles)

2 complete front end assemblies (includes rack, hubs, calipers etc)

Bonnet (good shape, has a small area on the dr. side wheel arch lip that
need a patch abou2 1" x 2", will also need probably need to be stripped)
400.00 obo

2 seats (very recently professionally recovered, the kits alone are almost
300.00) 400.00 the pair

top (new black) 100.00

Trunk lid (very good with luggage rack, minute amount of rust on corners) 175.00

Knee pads, tunnel pad (very good) 20.00 ea.

All gauges make offer

glove box (new, never installed) make offer

tonneau (very good, factory original) offer

steering wheel (chrome 3 spoke) offer

brake and clutch master cyl (need rebuild) offer

bumpers and overriders (1 front 2 rear, front and rear overriders are good
to fair) offers

grill, valences, air dam    offers

radiator offers

water choked carb  offers

early model distributor (with thumbwheel vacumn advance) and exhaust
manifold (non-egr)

2 driveshafts with cv joints offers

Any other part contained on a '76 spitfire   offers

eventually, I'll probably also sell a diff a trans and possibly the other
engine, but I need to hold on to them a while.

I am negotiable and a motivated seller please e-mail me with any needs!!

Thanks,
Glenn