Re: Rimmer Bros parts Delivery - Duties paid - longish

To: Spitfire <spitfires@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Rimmer Bros parts Delivery - Duties paid - longish
From: "Kirby T. Kenyon" <kenyonkt@maple.lemoyne.edu>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 1998 10:19:21 -0500
I had not expected such strong feelings about this issue.  Since I'm not
Canadian, I cannot begin to understand your pain unless I hear the
reasons why.

Dave, you unloaded quite a bit of pain but now I have a clearer
understanding of the problem.  I only assume that you decided to
purchase items from the US with the advanced knowledge of their costs.
I, on the other hand, being a "typical" american never gave a second
thought to the question of import duties.  It is not that I am arrogant,
just that the thought never crossed my mind.

I don't want this thread to explode into controversy.  I'm now sorry I
even mentioned it to the list.  My only desire was to see what the
opinion of others were about whether I should return the dark brown
carpeting when I had ordered tan.

Please, don't reply to this message and lets let these wounds heal.

Kirby

P.S. I'll keep quiet from now on.