Re: on board spares list

To: "Atwell Haines" <carbuff@nac.net>, "Thorn" <tthorn@comp.uark.edu>,
Subject: Re: on board spares list
From: "James Carpenter" <jc_carpenter@softhome.net>
Date: Sat, 24 Oct 1998 23:57:41 +0100
In my car I cary

Water for the car
Water for me
Oil for the car
Brake fluid,  hydrolic cluch and brake systems meen its double the chance
one will start leaking.
Disposable paper overalls.  If you have to do a road side repair in good
cloths then its usefull.
Socket set
Tool box with things like plug spanner allen keys, spanners, screwdrivers,
hammer, drifts.
Crimps and crimping tool
Multimeter
Minature camping stove kettel plastic mug, with coffey and cupper soups.
4W micro halogen lamp (Extreamly bright narrow beam and lasts for 4 hours)
Cigaret lighter inspection lamp. (A prime case for missunderstanding this)
Hydrolic trolly jack,  Yes realy!
Axle stands.
Spare distributer with cap and rotor.
Sunglasses in case the sun comes out and you need to look cool.
A sence of cunning and field improvisation.

Things I am going to add to by boot later on.

Fan belt.  Never had one of these snap, but I have had the pully shear.
Spair bulbs.
Big BIG BIG washers to repair things with.
One of those minature emergancy tents.

There are some who call my paranoid!

I would also like to add that most of that is situated in the bit between
the seats and the chassis member accross the floor pan.  That area is a
veritable tardis.