Re: O/D weather woes

To: Susan Hensley <susan@bearcom.com>
Subject: Re: O/D weather woes
From: Tom Strange <jantoms@vbe.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 1998 16:53:25 -0700
Susan,
  I would agree with you that this sounds a bit odd & would expect the
opposite.  Only one thing comes immediately to mind.  Much of the time
something not working, due to electrical problems, is the fault of a bad
ground.  Grounds are usually the first thing I check.  Is it possible that
you have a bad ground,  that is somehow making a connection (or an adequate
connection) when there is moisture to help "short out" the circuit.
  If this is the case, I would start by checking connections at the
transmission, including the solenoid to case ground, as the body of the
solenoid grounds itself to the case to complete the circuit.
  Keep in mind, grounding points can carry current, & test well with an
ohmmeter, but still not carry enough current to opperate the intended
equipment.  These solenoids do require a fair amount of power.
  Hope this helps.
Tom Strange, Classic Autosports Ltd., Appleton, Wi.,  920-733-5013