[GRMTim@aol.com: Engine swap into Spitfire]

To: spitfires
Subject: [GRMTim@aol.com: Engine swap into Spitfire]
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb>
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 1998 12:45:29 -0600 (MDT)
This was sent to the wrong address, rather than spitfires@autox.team.net

mjb.
----

     From: GRMTim@aol.com
     Date: Thu, 22 Oct 1998 01:15:58 EDT
     Subject: Engine swap into Spitfire

It's 1:00 am and I am checking my e-mail. I have just come in from putting the
doors back together on my Rotary Spitfire. My creation is nearly complete. I
feel like a mad scientist as I complete my creation.

No more talk about GT6/Spitfires and other engine swaps on the list. I have
been reading it all with much amusement. I had a GT6/Spitfire. It was like a
Spitfire that sounded and accelerated like a Camaro. What=92s not to like? It
wasn=92t enough though. As the Spitfire is my favorite car, and I have driven
them all (and owned most of them too), I wanted the ultimate perfect Spitfire.

I believe after three long years of torture, I have created this machine. For
those of you who don=92t understand engine swaps, or any extensive project of
this type, I feel sorry for you. Who wouldn=92t want a perfectly restored
Triumph Spitfire with 250 horsepower, all the mistakes fixed, 1500 pound total
weight (with all four corners within 20 pounds of each other? To those of you
who don=92t understand this, you probably wouldn=92t like an AC Cobra either. I
would, but I couldn=92t afford a Cobra, so I built something probably just as
good, possibly even better.

If you want to read about it, the whole hellish story has been outlined in the
last two years of Grassroots Motorsports magazine (e-mail me an address and I
will send you a free sample issue). If you want to go for a ride in it and
maybe even drive it, stop by my shop after the holidays, as I will have it
sorted by then.

Sincerely and tiredly,

Tim Sudddard/publisher/Grassroots Motorsports