Re: Spit dash overlay

To: Dave Chu <dave@ece.concordia.ca>, spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Spit dash overlay
From: Atwell Haines <carbuff@nac.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 1998 21:43:43 -0400
At 05:40 PM 10/18/98 -0400, Dave Chu wrote:

>I just got a dash overlay for my spit and was wonder if I should fill
>in the cracks with RTV silicon before installing it?

No need to fill the cracks, but trimming any upraised edges along the
cracks are recommended.  That's what the instructions for mine said, and it
has held up well for two years.

> The dash is presently
>out off the car, should I wait until the dash in back onto the car before
>putting the overlay on or is it alright to do it with the dash out of
>the car?

I did mine out of the car. Just make sure the underside of the forward lip
is tight against the old pad, or the overlay could interfere with the wood
fascia.

Atwell Haines
'79 Spitfire  FM96062 UO
Succasunna, NJ USA