Re: Engine conversions

To: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Engine conversions
From: GatesDavid@aol.com
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 1998 15:03:57 EDT
Patrick,

I wouldn't throw anything at you.  You expressed my opinion exactly.  Someday
I hope to put a bigger engine into my Spit also for exactly the same reason.
I like the looks of the Spitfire better than any other car I can think of.
Its just lacking in umph.  I personally like the idea of a GT6 engine in a
Spit with a small hood scoop.  If the scoop is done well and not too big it
could look really nice.  Then if someone wanted to race you at a light at
least you would have a better chance than the proverbial snowball.

David Gates
'73 Spitfire 1500
'78 Spitfire 1500
Hawaii