Re: Update: Gearbox goofiness

To: "Eric A. Yates" <eyates@earth.nwu.edu>, <spitfires@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Update: Gearbox goofiness
From: "Laura G." <savercool@email.msn.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 1998 09:35:04 -0700
I was talking to Rick Feibusch the other day-and he told me that when he
used to process work claims on Triumphs, the most common problem with Spits
were tranny-that even though in theory, the syncromesh (should) allow for
downshifting into first-it was a really bad idea to do so. And that by
shifting into first only from a complete stop was the way to go. so, this
"problem" is probably really a good thing!

Just my 2cents.

Laura G. and Nigel