Re: Settling into Autumn

To: Brad Kahler <Brad.Kahler@141.com>
Subject: Re: Settling into Autumn
From: SUCHAK <suchak@mediaone.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 1998 19:52:55 -0400
Okay, I've really resisted jumping in here and wasting bandwidth, but I
have to speak...

I grew up in NJ, where it goes below 20 degrees for a couple of months
in the dead of winter, everything is steely and dead, it's awful.  The
flip side is that you get those awesome october nights when the air is
sharp and tastes hard and clean..  And there's nothing like the first
really nice saturday morning in march...   But the winters killed me.

I live in Jacksonville (way north, just about south GA) Fl and it's the
best of both worlds..  A three season climate!  It gets cold enough here
to need a coat and hat, down to the 30's and sometimes below, but it's
definately not the norm..  We get an autumn of sorts, the leaves turn
and fall, and a spring when it all blooms, but never the low part of
winter.  The summers are long and humid.  Probably perfect LBC weather.
(BTW, I lived in Orlando, and it's that dazzling florida sunshine all
year round, except for the 45 minutes when it rains every afternoon at
3:00....)

Another nice thing about Jax is the proximity to nearly endless winding
country roads with nary a constable in sight!

John