Re: 1961 Triumph Herald for Sale

To: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: 1961 Triumph Herald for Sale
From: john donohoe <gt6driver@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 1998 13:57:25 -0700 (PDT)
Oh, Man! I keep threatening to buy my wife a Herald Convertible for
her 40th birthday. (It's a bit of a joke because she's not quite so
"into" Triumphs like me!) But I hope there's one left for me to buy in
2001!

John Donohoe
'70 GT6+ KC 81718
'70 GT6+ (future Sixfire)
'6? GT6 (picking up Saturday)

---"Bowen, Patrick A. RP2" <jak0pab@jak10.med.navy.mil> wrote:

> The car is in fact a convertible, I will have to see if I can slide
over
> and get some better numbers
>
> At 03:25 PM 10/15/98 -0400, Andrew Mace wrote:
> >On Thu, 15 Oct 1998 jak0pab@jak10.med.navy.mil wrote:
> >
> >> Here is some more info on the Triumph Herald I mentioned
yesterday.  I have
> >> no financial interest but will help out anyone interested by
getting info.
> >> It is a 1961 Right Hand Drive, Commission # 9A69649V  (This is
what the guy
> >> gave me on the phone, I wasn't able to get the engine or chassis
#'s)  This
> >> car was just brought over from England, and from what I can tell is
> >> unrestored, in above average condition.  The interior is in
excellent
> >> shape.  The car is not mint, but it is very nice.  The dealership
is asking
> >> $5080.  - Andy is there any other info you need?
> >
> >Interesting. First off, price seems high, but who knows? It depends
on a
> >number of factors.
> >
> >I'm having a bit of difficulty with the Commission number as given
to you.
> >I would guess that the leading "9" is actually a "G"; GA is the
Herald
> >1200 series. Then, assuming the main number is correct as given to
you --
> >69649, this car would have been built sometime in 1962. However, that
> >leaves the suffix letter "V" to keep things really interesting.
That would