Installing New Carpet

Subject: Installing New Carpet
From: "David Moag" <moag@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 1998 17:06:56 -0700
Hello All,

As my case of shipwrights disease expands (upgrading to overdrive ending up
also including re-wiring much of dash, getting a new stereo, replacing the
carpeting, etc...) I just purchased a carpet kit from Spitbits for my 77
Spitfire. All of the pieces seem to generally be the correct size and shape,
but none appear to be perfect matches. From your collective experiences:

1) is this normal (my guess is that the answer is yes, regardless of where
you buy the kits)

2) is it better to trim off the excess as best you can, or to tuck the
excess under the piece that goes down next

Any other helpful hints from those who've already done this would (as usual)
be greatly appreciated! I'm planning to use 3M General Adhesive spray for
holding most of the carpet down unless the consensus is against this.

Thanks!!

Dave Moag
77 Spitfire