valances revisited and other stuff

To: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: valances revisited and other stuff
From: "Ryan Smith" <shmitty99@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Sep 1998 08:20:05 PDT
Good morning all.  I was just wondering, for those of you that have made
your own engine/rad. valances what material did you use.  I have got to
make something for mine.  My spit is almost to perfect driver phase and
my last valance is about to fall off.  I'd like to fabricate them out of
a single thickness of Aluminum.  Maybe .075" or.100"?  Then black powder
coat them.  With my newly acquired machining skills I refuse to fork
more money over for cardboard ones.

Also I just got my refinished armrest back from the upholstry (sp?)
shop.  How does one attatch this to my new abs tunnel?  Self Tapping
screws?  Bolts?

And here's a question that I got NO response on the triumph list. (kinda
disappointed me)  When refurbishing my gauges what are some general tips
to get these things looking bright again.  What wattage bulb should be
in there?  and what are some replacements for the green filter?

thanks and I should be completing these projects by november.  I
realized that I average about a month between asking for advice and
actually doing something. :)

Ryan Smith
72 Emerald Green Spit