Re: How I spent my weekend (long & rambling)

To: Reed Mideke <rmideke@interbase.com>, spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: How I spent my weekend (long & rambling)
From: Atwell Haines <carbuff@tempest.nac.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 1998 21:44:47 -0400
At 05:22 PM 9/14/98 -0700, Reed Mideke wrote:

>       Trivia: the new seats are black with fixed head rests. Anyone
>know what era spit they're from ? (The only pictures I saw in VB
>were either adjustable or no head rest at all) Other than the head
>rest and condition, they're similar to my old brown ones, with
>a lever to recline, another to flip the whole seat forward, and
>sliding rails on the bottom.

Perhaps they are from a GT6?   I saw some installed in a Spitfire at the
car show Saturday.

P.S., great ASCI II art (below) but it looks like a Jeep to me!
("Not that there's anything wrong with that!" -- Jerry Seinfeld)

> ,---/._,=-.
>
>--
>Reed Mideke                                        rmideke@interbase.com

Atwell Haines
'79 Spitfire  FM96062 UO
(57 HP)

Succasunna, NJ USA

The One Immutable Rule of Automotive Satisfaction:
"It is more fun to drive a slow car fast than to drive a fast car slow"
- Cory Farley in Autoweek, 8/17/98