Re: Speedo changing speeds?

To: "Kirby T. Kenyon" <kenyonkt@maple.lemoyne.edu>,
Subject: Re: Speedo changing speeds?
From: Atwell Haines <carbuff@tempest.nac.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 10:11:53 -0400
At 08:44 AM 9/11/98 -0400, Kirby T. Kenyon wrote:
>You mean my raisin is dried up?  If I put a plum in there, will I go
>slower or faster?

Sorry, plums are too big for British cars, but are commonly used in the
larger American cars.

The type of treat has no bearing on the actual vehicle speed, of course.
DON'T ever tell a cop, "my raisin fell out, I didn't know how fast I was
going".   You'll end up in the lockup for sure.

Cheers,

 Atwell

P.S. On a serious note, Vic's tip about the slipping angle drive is a good
one, thats the first place I would look.   But if the symptom persists, you
may need to have the innards of your speedo cleaned or "serviced".

In any event, if your speedo is bouncing at low speeds, it should be
lubricated.