(very)Low budget car cover

To: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: (very)Low budget car cover
From: "Neil McAllister" <neil.mcallister@fvrl.bc.ca>
Date: Sat, 12 Sep 1998 14:57:17 -800
Hi all,

After deciding not to rub any more numbers off my Visa card on Spit parts I
cast around for an alternative to the nice expensive car covers offered by Moss,
VB,... .  I'm so pleased with my low budget alternative I thought I'd pass it
along. However, it is only suitable for those of us lucky enough to have a dry
garage for storage.

At the Sally Ann I picked up a queen sized duvet cover for $1.50 (linens were
on sale at 50% off!).  I cut along three edges leaving it attch'd at the fourth
and, in effect, doubling the size which perfectly covers a Spit.  Then I hemmed
(well, actually my wife) around the outside edge. Inside the hem I put some
nylon rope - just to give a bit of weight to the edges and help hold them down.
 The colour I picked even co-ordinates well with Emma (my maple coloured 1980
1500).

Cheers,

Neil