RE: Header installation

To: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net, harts1@ibm.net
Subject: RE: Header installation
From: KEVIN EDDINS <EDDINSK@NRISO.NOLA.NAVY.MIL>
Date: Sun, 06 Sep 1998 19:50:27 -0500
I had to raise (tilt) the engine a bit to get mine in.  The worst part was
grinding away a good half inch of the headers mounting plate to get it
mounted.  I'm not sure of the reason it is made that wayt, but it is quite a
pain.

The header did mount very close to the frame.  So much that when the
car was idling, the header would knock against it.  It was annoying
enough that I fixed it pretty quickly.

Kevin

>>> John Hartman <harts1@ibm.net> 09/06/98 07:05pm >>>
Has anyone installed a header on a 1500 Spitfire? Do you have to raise
the engine up to get  the header in place? I did that but the header hits
the frame and won't bolt tight to the head because of the lack of
clearance.

Any help is appreciated!

John