Blessed Event Announcement

To: Spitfire Mail List <spitfires@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Blessed Event Announcement
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Sun, 06 Sep 1998 09:47:47 -0700
I would like to announce the recent adoption of a new member of the
family.

As I was going down to Portland Oregon for the All British Field Meet on
Friday, I stopped off in Tacoma, WA to look at a '64 Spit that I saw for
sale on the Internet (where else).

The car had been in a front end collision, but was on it's way back to
life when the owner decided to move on to other projects.  The car is
bent in a few places and will have to have the right rocker panel
replaced as well as numerous other pieces that are missing.  But it has
both "DOORS" and they appear to be in good shape.  The trunk lid is
perfect without a spot of rust.  In fact, the only appreciable rust on
the vehicle was on the vertical ridge at the extreme rear of the trunk
floor.

It has had some new parts installed in the engine compartment and the
old man who owned it said that it runs fine except the carbs need to be
rebuilt.

Now the task is to go down sometime within the next week or two and pick
it up.  Oh yeah, I paid $350.00 for it.

Huxley was so proud to have a new baby brother that he did exceedingly
well at the Portland event.  He placed First in class which had (I
think) 9 Spits of various ages all the way up to 1980.  So the Spits
were well represented there.  I placed ahead of both the cars that
placed ahead of me last year.  There was also an RX7 powered Spit
autocrosser there that was giving rides around Portland International
Raceway.

On the way home, I was thinking about a proper name for the new baby.
After much thought, I decided that Tiny Tim seems rather appropriate
since he is crippled and all.

So, Now my major concern seems to be how to transport yet another
vehicle down to Tucson when we finally sell out home.

Regards,
Joe Curry

 -- Dave Weinbaum in National Enquirer