Re: oil filters

To: "G. Buss" <buss3@sympatico.ca>
Subject: Re: oil filters
From: Ron Fowler <triumph@ameritech.net>
Date: Sat, 05 Sep 1998 14:42:07 -0400
I checked an AC/Delco filter application book today.  As to AC/Delco
filters, they now recommend a PF13 with a 3/4 x 16 adapter for all
Spitfires from 1968 - 1980 (1300 and 1500 engines).

As I have noted before, I am currently using PF53's.  I started using
these in 1992 on my first 1980 Spitfire.  At the time, it was the
recommended AC/Delco filter (and it is made in the United Kingdom!).
The PF13 is about the same height as the PF53 but is a bit wider. My
guess is that it probably has about 30% more capacity than the PF53.
The PF53 is the current filter used by GM on 1995-98 Geo Trackers with
1600cc engines so capacity is probably not an issue.  I'm going to stick
with the PF53's.

Ron Fowler
with TR7 oil/air filters on back order from TRF
with TR8 air filters on back order from TRF (Uses PF20 AC/Delco filter)
1980 Spitfire