Re: Spitfire/GT6 body mounts

To: Ian Southwell <IanSouthwell@ApexSystems.COM>
Subject: Re: Spitfire/GT6 body mounts
From: Tom Shirley <tshirley@VoyagerOnline.net>
Date: Fri, 04 Sep 1998 22:54:26 -0400
Ian Southwell wrote:

> I asked the following question on the Spitfire list and got no response so
> I'll try again:
>
> Does anyone know the correct positioning of the aluminium and rubber
> washers/spacers which go between the body and the chassis?  Where they used
> to get good body alignment and therefore vary from car to car?  Is the
> following correct?
>
> Starting from the rear,
> 2 in the diff./axle tunnel : Aluminium washer.
> 2 under the sound deading material : Rubber washer.
> 2 for the seat belt bolts : None
> 4 in the floor cross-member : None
> 2 in the front outrigger : Aluminium washer.
> 2 in the extreme outer edge of the front outrigger : None
>
> Thanks for any info.
>
> Ian Southwell, UK
> GT6 Mk3 x 2

Hi Ian,

I was sent this in a list of other tips from Vic Whitmore. Can't attest
to it's accuracy and don't have the original source.

> The front outriggers use an aluminum pad on each side that should be round.

> The center of the chassis should just use bolts and washers.

> The rear frame rails should have a round rubber pads with bolts and washers.

> The Rear Crossmember should have aluminum pads that are probably square. With
>a round spacer and bolts and > washers.

Can anyone else out there verify this?

Tom Shirley  Sale Creek, TN (just north of Chattanooga)
http://www.Geocities.com/MotorCity/Speedway/1080

My Datsun 510 #18 (the race car)
http://www.Geocities.com/MotorCity/Speedway/1080/510stuff.html

Spitfire FAQs and Tips