Re:re:GT6/SpitTransmission Reinstallation

To: tcarney@concentric.net, spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re:re:GT6/SpitTransmission Reinstallation
From: scott.barr@mccarty-law.com
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 1998 16:11:16 +0000
(Tom wrote)
>When converting your GT6 to overdrive did you carry over=20
>the bracket to hold the overdrive as well?  The mounting of=20
>of a non-overdrive is different than an overdrive unit. The=20
>overdrive mounting plate fits right where the non-overdrive=20
plate fits. =20

Tom,

I left the mounting plate attached to the frame members. Previously, the no=
n-O/D
bracket supporting the tail shaft rested in a larger bracket bolted to the=20=
rear
set of holes on the mounting plate. Having changed nothing in the interim,=20=
it
appears that the mounting point for the new overdrive bracket (which came w=
ith
the overdrive) is further aft than the mounting point for the tailshaft bra=
cket
it replaced.

(Back to Tom)

>I've never done it, but the June/July 97=20
>Triumph World has a nice write up on how to do it.

    Thanks, that's a good suggestion.  Any idea where I might acquire   a c=
opy
of the magazine?  If I can locate one, I'll be happy to     share copies of=
 the
materials with those of you who have mentioned  that they have the same pro=
blem.

Scott Barr
scott.barr@mccarty-law.com
72 GT6