Re: ok i give-the update.

To: larry hooven <dirty_howi@yahoo.com>, spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: ok i give-the update.
From: Atwell Haines <carbuff@scooter.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 1998 12:04:04 -0400
At 10:33 AM 4/23/98 -0700, larry hooven wrote:
>also, if some one can answer this query...when i got the tower apart
>and took the shock out, the only identifying markings are the fact
>that at one point it was blue...and it has made in england stamped on
>it...i'm taking it that these are stock shocks that came with the car
>in 1979...so i guess i go all the way and put spax or konis on (let's
>start this argument again) based on the fact that i like driving
>hard...if the tires don't squeel in a rh turn, your not
>driving....(barring a stop sign of course)
>
>tia...now i get to look through the catalogs....more money i don't have

Larry,

ISTR that my 79 Spit's original shocks were Girling and were black in
colour. (46K miles on car when removed)

Could be wrong though.

Atwell Haines
'79 Spitfire  FM96062 UO

Succasunna, NJ USA

OPTIMIST: A Spitfire owner who expects his car to run FLAWLESSLY and
fastens his seat belts BEFORE starting his car.