Re: Crankshaft end play

To: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Subject: Re: Crankshaft end play
From: Doug Mitchell <dmitchel@ford.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 1998 07:11:56 -0400
Joe Curry wrote:

> Ed,
> The spec for end play on the 1500 is .006 to .014 inches.  So you are
> still within the specified tolerance.  But it is worth monitoring.  You
> don't want to be the guy who lets the thrust washers fall into the oil
> pan and end up buying a whole new engine.
>
> Regards,
> Joe Curry
[original post snipped]

If you are quoting the specs from the manual, I was told that
they are wrong. The .014 should be much lower, it should read
more along the lines of .004 to .010. I would suggest that you
check with Ted Schumacher at TSI. He can be reached at:

tedtsimx@mail.bright.net

Or by telephone at:

419-384-3022

Hope this helps.