License Plate Mounting

To: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: License Plate Mounting
From: "Brad Kahler" <Brad.Kahler@141.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 1998 16:26:29 -0600
Well I finally got the plates for my spitfire!!  I can now
"officially" drive the car!!!

For mounting the license plate on the back of my Mk1 Spitfire there
were two holes there that I put plastic inserts into for plate
mounting.  After putting the plate on the car it appears that the
plate could vibrate and scuff or scratch the paint underneath.  Is
there any easy or "clean" solution to this sort of problem?

When mounting the plate to the front, how have the rest of you been
mounting the license plate, in the upper holes or lower holes of the
plate?  It looks like if I used the upper holes then the place will
be awful low to the ground but putting it in the lower holes then the
plate looks kind of funky up that high.

How about it, any suggestions??

Brad  (In Lincoln Nebraska 402-464-1502)

1964 Spitfire4            BFC25720L (Waiting for license plates now)
1966 TR4A                CT72398L (Car is finally home and ready for
Restoration)
1951 Dodge Truck    82217766  B-3-B-108 (Frame back in garage and ready to
paint)