Re: Replacing Spit Clutch

To: Larry Hooven <dirty_howi@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Replacing Spit Clutch
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 1998 11:06:05 -0400 ()
On Mon, 6 Apr 1998, Larry Hooven wrote:

> TO ANDY MACE:
>
> sir i owe you a deepest apology... by
> now i have had 2 large slices of my crow pie that i mentioned
> earlier...(cept up here we have ravens, no crows, had to import them
> from down the hill, which only goes to show you the lengths i go to to
> eat crow)....

Here we are often forced to eat spotted owl in such a situation. (Hey,
environmentalists, I'm kidding! And it's been months since my last roast
eagle....)

Fred Thomas added:

> Larry, you now know how great this list really is, eating your pie in the
> corner by yourself is almost the proper sentence, but something must be
> done for ever doubting our leader, he has at least 6 inches of spit
> grease under his nails from learning on his own before this list was
> available...

but I almost always wash my hands before typing messages for the list.

> ...west coast has its chance..."Rip Joe Winkle" lives and you
> know he never sleeps for fear of not be able to help someone
else....

Perhaps Joe and I were twins, separated at birth?

> Larry just remember thats what this list is for to help young pie makers
> coming along much later than others.

And I, too, was once a "newbie" on the lists, I have asked my share of
questions (and was/still am grateful for answers from others on the list),
and I have even inserted my foot into my mouth a couple of times. (For
example, my attempts to promote the construction of a four-Herald-engined
dragster met with surprising resistance amongst fellow SOLers many years
ago. I'm still smarting over that one!)

So, Larry, you are forgiven. No hard feelings. But try it again and you're
off to the Friends of Skodas list. ;-)

--Andy

  * Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?                                  *
  * Man: Well, no... It's not so much of a jet, it's more your, er,   *
  *  Triumph Herald engine with wings.                                *
  *   -- The Cut-price Airline Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus   *