triumph false advertising

To: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: triumph false advertising
From: Barry Schwartz <bschwart@pacbell.net>
Date: Mon, 06 Apr 1998 07:49:31 -0700
> One
>pic has a woman sitting on the rear deck of a car!
*************************************
I assume you mean with the rear hatch open and sitting on the parcel or
luggage area.  I could certainly sit on this and have.  It's much thicker
(at least twice or three times as thick) as the panels used on the doors
and would have no problem holding more than 120 lbs of person as I weigh
slightly more (ahem).  The original one on mine was pretty ratty, and when
I re-manufactured mine I took door panel material and laminated several
pieced together to get the stock thickness and used a saber saw to cut it out.
**************************************
>did spitfires have vinyl covered dashes at one
>time?
**************************************
The 72 Spitfire, while not vinyl covered, did have a matte plastic, moulded
dash, not unlike the GT6, without the eyeball vents due to impending US
reg,s at the time concerning reflective surfaces in the cockpit - and I
wouldn't swear to it (don't have my reference material, and memory isn't
what it used to be), but I would imagine the GT6 also carried this
configuration.  Also In 73 they went to the wooden, albeit matte finish.
So it may indeed be a  GT6 of 72 vintage - you didn't say which year-look
for the eyeball vents.

72 V6 Spitfire (daily driver)
70 GT6+ (when I don't drive the Spit)
70 Spitfire (project)
73 Ford Courier (parts hauler, rain vehicle, getting a V6 soon!)