Re: Doubled Postings

To: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Doubled Postings
From: GatesDavid <GatesDavid@aol.com>
Date: Sat, 4 Apr 1998 13:01:55 EST
In a message dated 98-04-02 11:30:19 EST, Kevin Rhodes wrote:

> Anyone else on this list seem to get two of every posting? I don't think I
> subscribed twice!

I think I know why many people are getting double postings.  I never got any
double postings until I submitted my first post and people started to respond.
Each posting that was a response to me, I got twice.  The reason is that I was
addressed in the TO block (gatesdavid@aol.com) and the LIST was in the CC
block (spitfires@autox.team.net).  This means that I get one copy directly
from the sender and then I get a second copy from the list distribution.  If
you want to avoid this in the future, try addressing ONLY the list in the TO
block.

Hope this helps,
David Gates