Aussie Spitfire clutch master cylinder

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Aussie Spitfire clutch master cylinder
From: Barry Schwartz <bschwart@pacbell.net>
Date: Fri, 03 Apr 1998 10:17:14 -0800
I was a little hasty in my last report on this item.  Apparently it is NOT
a genuine Girling part but cast on the other side (hidden by the master
cylinder) was "PBR" in a little (approx. 1/2 in X 3/4 in) rectangle with
rounded corners.  I erroneously stated that it was a Girling part because
it appeared to be in every respect and dimension, except for the increased
outer dia of the bore section, and the material it was cast of.   Any of
you Australian listers heard of this outfit, and is it possibly the
Australian subsidiary of Girling?  It surly is a well made Knock-off,
actually better than the original equipment Girling!  If so  do they make
the early dual brake master cylinders used in these cars??

72 V6 Spitfire (daily driver)
70 GT6+ (when I don't drive the Spit)
70 Spitfire (project)
73 Ford Courier (parts hauler, rain vehicle, getting a V6 soon!)