Re: Spitfire Overdrive install

To: cebalo@NthShore.govt.nz
Subject: Re: Spitfire Overdrive install
From: James <james.carpenter@ukaea.org.uk>
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 1998 10:09:57 +0000
cebalo@nthshore.govt.nz wrote:
> Speedo reading will also be wrong since the single rail OD box has
> speedo gears for the 3.63 rear axle. Recalibrate speedo or change speedo
> gears in the OD for your 3.89 diff.

That should not make a difference, unless they put different gearing
inside the
overdrive, which I don't belive they would.  If you have the correct
reading for
your final drive, then the gear box ratios shouldent make a difference.
The only problemn is if they changed the speedo to propshaft ratio.
They should have just put in a different spedo though.

--
James Carpenter
Yellow '79 spit wired by a trained marmot