shotimes

Re: [Shotimes] Subframe Rusted Out - Any and all Advise welcome

To: <v6sho@yahoogroups.com>, "shotimes" <shotimes@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shotimes] Subframe Rusted Out - Any and all Advise welcome
From: "Mike" <srfdude@adelphia.net>
Date: Sun, 3 Dec 2006 08:23:21 -0800
Without trying to be VOD II, if your subframe rusted through ( I can't
picture that, its pretty stout steel), then all the fasteners that hold the
suspension together will be pretty well trashed as well.  I dropped my
subframe awhile ago, sanded and painted it, only a little surface rust.  Of
course I don't live in the rust belt.  But others have had mucho troubles
trying to remove rusted bolts and have to resort to a torch, and more.  I
built a pipe motor support (plans found on SHOtimes) and had the whole thing
dropped in a couple hours.  So it really depends on how much rust you find
and whether you're willing to deal with it.
Mike