shotimes

Re: [Shotimes] new y-pipe purchase

To: "Adam Parrott" <parrotta@usa.net>, <shotimes@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shotimes] new y-pipe purchase
From: "van Oss" <vanOss@centurytel.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 21:15:59 -0500
Thank you Mr. Parrott.

It's been known for 1.5 decades that SHO engines (normally aspirated, at
least) need some backpressure to make their full torque potential.  If
needed we can go back to the literature.  Stop saying (a) like you know it
because what you say is false.  Most SHOs (outside perhaps of those blown or
turboed or maybe cammed) need at least some backpressure or else they lose
torque.

What you say in (b) might be true, I don't know.  I do know that the fine
for driving a catless car on the street (which is pertinent to the origin of
this thread), among other consequences, makes it a bad idea to drive an SHO
catless.

But you do whatever you want.

VO