shotimes

Re: [Shotimes] AC woes

To: SHOtimes@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shotimes] AC woes
From: FlamingTaco <flamingtaco@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 16:15:06 -0400 (GMT-04:00)
Sorry if this is a double-post, I had problems getting this message to send...

A few degrees ambient temperature change is not going to have a significant
impact on a/c performance. If the outside temperature goes from 100 to 105
degrees, your vent temperature will change a few degrees... it will not go from
working fine to warm air. Your problem appears to be a component failure due to
heat saturation. I would investigate two things first: the ambient air temp
sensor, and the a/c clutch. The ambient air sensor will be easy to test because
it will send the EATC a false reading when it goes into failure mode. The next
time the heat gets so high that the a/c stops working, hit the button on the
EATC to see what the sensor is telling the EATC. If it reads a proper
temperature, you can try the "tap-test" on the compressor clutch, or even cool
it down with a can of keyboard dust remover. Might also have a bad electrical
connection in the chain.

David