Re: [Shop-talk] Ceiling Paint

To: Jim Stone <1789alpine@gmail.com>, Shop Talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Ceiling Paint
From: Karl Vacek <stearman809@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 27 May 2023 09:44:14 -0500
--===============0231196213003948235==

--1885daacc5934442805457488f

Not a professional painter (not even an enthusiastic one), never stayed in
a Holiday Inn Express, but...

Plenty of light, with the ability to move lights to see the reflection of
wet paint, and enough to see the color difference between what's dry and
what you're doing now.

I use clamp lights - the ones with the big aluminum reflector - and 100W
equivalent daylight LED bulbs.  Even on a small bedroom I like at least 3
lights to get light everywhere I want it.

Karl

On May 27, 2023 9:22:52 AM Jim Stone <1789alpine@gmail.com> wrote:

> I know this isnâ??t strictly â??shop talkâ?? - although I could force the
> issue
> and say I will store the leftover paint in my shop - but I am not having
> any luck Googling the topic and am turning to this group in desperation.
> We recently added some space to our house and I have a fair amount of new
> ceilings to paint.  All new drywall has been, or soon will be, primed.  It
> has been a while since I painted ceilings but I certainly remember how
> difficult it can be to  know what has and has not been fully covered with
> white paint over white primer.  Most manufacturers have color-changing
> ceiling paint - goes on pink, drys white - which would certainly make the
> job easier.  However, the online reviews of the paint seem to be lower than
> comparable standard white paint.  Moreover, it looks to be difficult to buy
> the color-changing paint in 5 gallon buckets and the costs would certainly
> add up if I have to buy it by the gallon.  It isnâ??t a huge difference in
> the overall scheme of things: it would probity cost about $185 to use the
> color-changing paint vs. $115 for standard paint.  But, I hate to pay more
> for a lesser product.
>
> Does anyone here have any experience/thoughts on the use of color-changing
> ceiling paint?  Is the convenience worth the drawbacks?

--1885daacc5934442805457488f

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN" "http://www.=
w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">
 see the reflection of wet paint, and enough to see the color difference be=
v><div dir=3D"auto">I use clamp lights - the ones with the big aluminum ref=
lector - and 100W equivalent daylight LED bulbs.&nbsp; Even on a small bedr=
oom I like at least 3 lights to get light everywhere I want it.</div><div d=
iv>
.com&gt; wrote:</div>
ex; border-left: 1px solid #808080; padding-left: 0.75ex;">
=80=9D - although I could force the issue and say I will store the leftover=
 paint in my shop - but I am not having any luck Googling the topic and am =
turning to this group in desperation. &nbsp;We recently added some space to=
 our house and I have a fair amount of new ceilings to paint. &nbsp;All new=
 drywall has been, or soon will be, primed. &nbsp;It has been a while since=
 I painted ceilings but I certainly remember how difficult it can be to &nb=
sp;know what has and has not been fully covered with white paint over white=
 primer. &nbsp;Most manufacturers have color-changing ceiling paint - goes =
on pink, drys white - which would certainly make the job easier. &nbsp;Howe=
ver, the online reviews of the paint seem to be lower than comparable stand=
ard white paint. &nbsp;Moreover, it looks to be difficult to buy the color-=
changing paint in 5 gallon buckets and the costs would certainly add up if =
I have to buy it by the gallon. &nbsp;It isn=E2=80=99t a huge difference in=
 the overall scheme of things: it would probity cost about $185 to use the =
color-changing paint vs. $115 for standard paint. &nbsp;But, I hate to pay =
more for a lesser product.</div>
of color-changing ceiling paint? &nbsp;Is the convenience worth the drawbac=
ks?</div>
utox.team.net/archive</div>
/shop-talk/stearman809@gmail.com</div>

--===============0231196213003948235==--