[Shop-talk] Ceiling Paint

To: Shop Talk <shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: [Shop-talk] Ceiling Paint
From: Jim Stone <1789alpine@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 27 May 2023 10:21:32 -0400
I know this isnâ??t strictly â??shop talkâ?? - although I could force the issue
and say I will store the leftover paint in my shop - but I am not having any
luck Googling the topic and am turning to this group in desperation.  We
recently added some space to our house and I have a fair amount of new ceilings
to paint.  All new drywall has been, or soon will be, primed.  It has been a
while since I painted ceilings but I certainly remember how difficult it can be
to  know what has and has not been fully covered with white paint over white
primer.  Most manufacturers have color-changing ceiling paint - goes on pink,
drys white - which would certainly make the job easier.  However, the online
reviews of the paint seem to be lower than comparable standard white paint.
Moreover, it looks to be difficult to buy the color-changing paint in 5 gallon
buckets and the costs would certainly add up if I have to buy it by the gallon.
 It isnâ??t a huge difference in the overall scheme of things: it would probity
cost about $185 to use the color-changing paint vs. $115 for standard paint.
But, I hate to pay more for a lesser product.

Does anyone here have any experience/thoughts on the use of color-changing
ceiling paint?  Is the convenience worth the drawbacks?