Re: [Shop-talk] Replacement florescent bulbs F42T6

To: eric@megageek.com
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Replacement florescent bulbs F42T6
From: lee@automate-it.com
Date: Mon, 08 Feb 2021 14:25:17 -0600
Cc: Shop-talk@autox.team.net

--=_47d45b74f813247b9bf982344204856d

I needed under-counter lighting, and installed these last year:
https://amz.run/4I2z They're working great for me.

No idea of the nature of your existing fixture, but it sure seems like
you could stick a row or three of these into an empty fixture.

Yep, $16 for a 16-ft long strip, just cut to length. I just doubled back
for more light in a given area. Various color temperatures available
(and adjustable), the adhesive on the back is high quality and stuck
really well for me (to a very clean surface). You can spend a few bucks
more and get ones you control from your phone, etc.

I also jumped around corners and across sections with these
https://amz.run/4I35 , these https://amz.run/4I36 and these
https://amz.run/4I3A .

 -- Lee

On 2021-02-05 07:04, eric@megageek.com wrote:

> Ok, this is a literal 'shop talk' problem, as this bulb is in a showcase in
> my shop (antique and collectables shop)  8>)  I hope there are no problems
> posting it here.  But I know there is better knowledge here than me.
>
> So, this showcase has a florescent light bulb F42T6.  (42" and T6 diameter.)
> Which is a weird size length and very narrow, so I can't get a bigger
> diameter bulb.
>
> Now, this bulb seems to only be available by price gougers, (Chosen Supply
> has them for a mere $2,443.92.)
>
> Since this is in a active store and I can't easily remove the display case to
> modify it to fit something else, is there any other alternative for me?
>
> What I was thinking is they may be a LED replacement bulb that will fit or
> something?  Anyone know of such a replacement?  Or a quick and easy drop in
> replacement mount?
>
> Also, I may be closing the store in the next 6 months, so I don't want to
> dump tons of cash into this.
>
> BTW, if any of you are in NJ and check it out and see something you like in
> there, call me (number is on the wall) and it's yours for free! (I need to
> move inventory!)
>
> Thanks.
>
> "Be as beneficent as the sun or the sea, but if your rights as a rational
> being are trenched on, die on the first inch of your territory." Ralph Waldo
> Emerson
> -Who is John Galt?
--=_47d45b74f813247b9bf982344204856d

=3DUTF-8" /></head><body style=3D'font-size: 10pt; font-family: Verdana,Gen=
eva,sans-serif'>
href=3D"https://amz.run/4I2z";>https://amz.run/4I2z</a>&nbsp;They're working=
 great for me.&nbsp;</p>
ou could stick a row or three of these into an empty fixture.&nbsp;</p>
 for more light in a given area. Various color temperatures available (and =
adjustable), the adhesive on the back is high quality and stuck really well=
 for me (to a very clean surface). You can spend a few bucks more and get o=
nes you control from your phone, etc.&nbsp;</p>
=3D"https://amz.run/4I35";>https://amz.run/4I35</a>&nbsp;, these&nbsp;<a hre=
f=3D"https://amz.run/4I36";>https://amz.run/4I36</a>&nbsp;and these&nbsp;<a =
href=3D"https://amz.run/4I3A";>https://amz.run/4I3A</a>&nbsp;.</p>
px solid; margin: 0"><!-- html ignored --><!-- head ignored --><!-- meta ig=
nored --><span style=3D"font-family: sans-serif; font-size: small;">Ok, thi=
s is a literal 'shop talk' problem, as this bulb is in a showcase in my sho=
p (antique and collectables shop) &nbsp;8&gt;) &nbsp;I hope there are no pr=
oblems posting it here. &nbsp;But I know there is better knowledge here tha=
 small;">So, this showcase has a florescent light bulb F42T6. &nbsp;(42" an=
d T6 diameter.) &nbsp;Which is a weird size length and very narrow, so I ca=
ly: sans-serif; font-size: small;">Now, this bulb seems to only be availabl=
e by price gougers, (Chosen Supply has them for a mere $2,443.92.) &nbsp;</=
span> <br /><br /><span style=3D"font-family: sans-serif; font-size: small;=
">Since this is in a active store and I can't easily remove the display cas=
e to modify it to fit something else, is there any other alternative for me=
ll;">What I was thinking is they may be a LED replacement bulb that will fi=
t or something? &nbsp;Anyone know of such a replacement? &nbsp;Or a quick a=
amily: sans-serif; font-size: small;">Also, I may be closing the store in t=
he next 6 months, so I don't want to dump tons of cash into this.</span> <b=
r /><br /><span style=3D"font-family: sans-serif; font-size: small;">BTW, i=
f any of you are in NJ and check it out and see something you like in there=
, call me (number is on the wall) and it's yours for free! (I need to move =
-size: small;">Thanks.</span> <br /><span style=3D"font-family: sans-serif;=
 font-size: small;"><br /><br /> "Be as beneficent as the sun or the sea, b=
ut if your rights as a rational being are trenched on, die on the first inc=
h of your territory." Ralph Waldo Emerson <br /> -Who is John Galt?</span><=
/blockquote>

--=_47d45b74f813247b9bf982344204856d--

--===============3362368084509590289==

--===============3362368084509590289==--