Re: [Shop-talk] Replacement florescent bulbs F42T6

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Replacement florescent bulbs F42T6
From: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 2021 20:20:08 -0800

--------------C631CBF0D1E3C9287677C626

$2.67 work for you?

https://www.grainger.com/product/GE-LIGHTING-Fluorescent-Linear-Lamp-3V633

They'll probably charge $1,000 shipping ;)

On 2/5/2021 5:04 AM, eric@megageek.com wrote:
> Ok, this is a literal 'shop talk' problem, as this bulb is in a
> showcase in my shop (antique and collectables shop)  8>)  I hope there
> are no problems posting it here.  But I know there is better knowledge
> here than me.
>
> So, this showcase has a florescent light bulb F42T6.  (42" and T6
> diameter.)  Which is a weird size length and very narrow, so I can't
> get a bigger diameter bulb.
>
> Now, this bulb seems to only be available by price gougers, (Chosen
> Supply has them for a mere $2,443.92.)
>
> Since this is in a active store and I can't easily remove the display
> case to modify it to fit something else, is there any other
> alternative for me?
>
> What I was thinking is they may be a LED replacement bulb that will
> fit or something?  Anyone know of such a replacement?  Or a quick and
> easy drop in replacement mount?
>
> Also, I may be closing the store in the next 6 months, so I don't want
> to dump tons of cash into this.
>
> BTW, if any of you are in NJ and check it out and see something you
> like in there, call me (number is on the wall) and it's yours for
> free! (I need to move inventory!)
>
> Thanks.
>

> "Be as beneficent as the sun or the sea, but if your rights as a
> rational being are trenched on, die on the first inch of your
> territory." Ralph Waldo Emerson
> -Who is John Galt?

--------------C631CBF0D1E3C9287677C626

  <head>
      charset=windows-1252">
  </head>
    $2.67 work for you? <br>
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="https://www.grainger.com/product/GE-LIGHTING-Fluorescent-Linear-Lamp-3V633";>https://www.grainger.com/product/GE-LIGHTING-Fluorescent-Linear-Lamp-3V633</a><br>
    They'll probably charge $1,000 shipping ;)<br>
class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"
href="mailto:eric@megageek.com";>eric@megageek.com</a>
      wrote:<br>
cite="mid:OFB468CF2F.FF52C65B-ON85258673.0046FBB5-85258673.0047D9DD@mail.megageek.com">
        charset=windows-1252">
        problem,
        as this bulb is in a showcase in my shop (antique and
        collectables shop)
         8&gt;)  I hope there are no problems posting it here.  But
        I know there is better knowledge here than me.</font>
        florescent light
        bulb F42T6.  (42" and T6 diameter.)  Which is a weird size
        length and very narrow, so I can't get a bigger diameter bulb.</font>
        available
        by price gougers, (Chosen Supply has them for a mere $2,443.92.)
        and
        I can't easily remove the display case to modify it to fit
        something else,
        is there any other alternative for me?</font>
        be a
        LED replacement bulb that will fit or something?  Anyone know of
        such
        a replacement?  Or a quick and easy drop in replacement mount?</font>
        in
        the next 6 months, so I don't want to dump tons of cash into
        this.</font>
        check
        it out and see something you like in there, call me (number is
        on the wall)
        and it's yours for free! (I need to move inventory!)</font>
        "Be as beneficent as the sun or the sea, but if your rights as a
        rational
        being are trenched on, die on the first inch of your territory."
        Ralph
        Waldo Emerson <br>
        -Who is John Galt?</font>

--------------C631CBF0D1E3C9287677C626--