Re: [Shop-talk] Replacement florescent bulbs F42T6

To: eric@megageek.com
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Replacement florescent bulbs F42T6
From: Jeff Scarbrough <fishplate@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Feb 2021 07:23:44 -0500
Cc: "shop-talk@autox.team.net" <Shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Is it possible to remove the tube and use the power cord to supply a
converter/transformer to give 12V?  Then you could get a strip of
stick-on LEDs and attach them where the tube used to be.  Power them
with the 12V supply, and Bob's yer uncle.  You can use some powerful
LEDs with the old fixture as a heat sink.