Re: [Shop-talk] Wiring a Honywell WiFi Thermostat to a 2 wire system

To: shop-talk <Shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Wiring a Honywell WiFi Thermostat to a 2 wire system
From: Rochlin Robert <rrochlin@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 2021 10:46:03 -0500
Hi Pat,
        Thanks for the quick reply.  I did jump the red and white at the
thermostat and the heat does activate,  Iâ??m also getting  power to the C wire
when I ground it at the thermostat.  Iâ??m figuring that the lack one of the
other wires, A/C or fan, may have something to do with the unit not working. If
the C wire is common shouldnâ??t there be another wire to complete the circuit
to provide power to the unit, maybe the red?
        Best,
        Bob