Re: [Shop-talk] Any Model Steam Boat builders out there?

To: eric@megageek.com
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Any Model Steam Boat builders out there?
From: jem@milleredp.com
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2021 14:03:59 -0800
Cc: Shop-talk@autox.team.net

--=_fe6d5949e114782b60e8a4ca762a8b5d

I would happily TAKE them, pay shipping to my locale, store them
properly and digest them personally however long it took.  I knew
several model steam types back in the day and while my tubs were powered
by machinery that didn't belch water and various oils in the hull, I
always appreciated they went through.

That isn't to say I'm necessarily the best one to make use of the
material therein but I'd certainly preserve them and try to make them
available to those who could.

As for full size steamers of that nature...the closest I've gotten to
that was riding around Lake Windermere in a Victorian putt-putt launch
with my wife and a bottle of decent champers on our fourth anniversary
long ago.

John.

On 2021-01-11 08:50, eric@megageek.com wrote:

> My elderly neighbor is getting rid of a bunch of books and such about model
> steam engines and wanted to try and find someone that would like them.
>
> Are you, or do you know of anyone that might be interested?  If so, let me
> know.
>
> (shop content) this guys builds full size steam boats then a scale model of
> the same boat.  Pretty impressive stuff.
>
> "Be as beneficent as the sun or the sea, but if your rights as a rational
> being are trenched on, die on the first inch of your territory." Ralph Waldo
> Emerson
> -Who is John Galt?
--=_fe6d5949e114782b60e8a4ca762a8b5d

=3DUTF-8" /></head><body style=3D'font-size: 10pt; font-family: Verdana,Gen=
eva,sans-serif'>
y and digest them personally however long it took.&nbsp; I knew several mod=
el steam types back in the day and while my tubs were powered by machinery =
that didn't belch water and various oils in the hull, I always appreciated =
they went through.&nbsp;</p>
al therein but I'd certainly preserve them and try to make them available t=
o those who could.&nbsp;</p>
at was riding around Lake Windermere in a Victorian putt-putt launch with m=
y wife and a bottle of decent champers on our fourth anniversary long ago=
=2E&nbsp; &nbsp;</p>
px solid; margin: 0">
mall;">My elderly neighbor is getting rid of a bunch of books and such abou=
t model steam engines and wanted to try and find someone that would like th=
mall;">Are you, or do you know of anyone that might be interested? &nbsp;If=
; font-size: small;">(shop content) this guys builds full size steam boats =
then a scale model of the same boat. &nbsp;Pretty impressive stuff.</span> =
/><br />"Be as beneficent as the sun or the sea, but if your rights as a ra=
tional being are trenched on, die on the first inch of your territory." Ral=