Re: [Shop-talk] Tubes of chassis grease

To: "shop-talk@autox. team. net" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Tubes of chassis grease
From: Karl Vacek <stearman809@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 03 Jan 2021 21:16:43 -0600
--===============1920547637665814836==

------------176cb659e9f61f228bfcf751f4

I've experienced separation from various greases, automotive and aviation,
conventional and synthetic.  Shell, Mobil One, Kendall, etc. The one type
that hasn't done that is moly grease, which I've mostly used since about
1970.  Current version I'm using is Valvoline SynPower full synthetic, I
think they recently changed the lineup and now it's called Gray.  Same
stuff, same color, still no separation issues.

On January 3, 2021 8:55:52 PM John Mitchell <jmitch@snet.net> wrote:

> Does anyone know of a brand of chassis lubricant that doesn't separate
> out after a few months?  I put a tube of valvoline synthetic in the gun
> over the summer and a large puddle of red lubricant ran out when I just
> went to use it again.  There's no way for me to use an entire tube at
> once.  Second question, does anyone have a good product to remove said
> puddle from my concrete floor?

------------176cb659e9f61f228bfcf751f4

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN" "http://www.=
w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">
ive and aviation, conventional and synthetic.&nbsp; Shell, Mobil One, Kenda=
ll, etc. The one type that hasn't done that is moly grease, which I've most=
ly used since about 1970.&nbsp; Current version I'm using is Valvoline SynP=
ower full synthetic, I think they recently changed the lineup and now it's =
called Gray.&nbsp; Same stuff, same color, still no separation issues.</div=
et.net&gt; wrote:</div>
ex; border-left: 1px solid #808080; padding-left: 0.75ex;">
sn't separate&nbsp;</div>
ynthetic in the gun&nbsp;</div>
ut when I just&nbsp;</div>
an entire tube at&nbsp;</div>