Re: [Shop-talk] Kitchen vent hood?

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Kitchen vent hood?
From: John Miller <jem@milleredp.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Sep 2020 17:14:39 -0700
> You really need to pay attention to the duct. The more transitions &
> bends, as well as length can really affect the air flow. Keep it as
> short & direct as possible for best air flow.

True for dryer vents and anything that exhausts from the house as well
as range hoods.

Our dryer vent goes up, 90 degree right, Fantech booster, all the way
over the garage and my shop and exhausts under the eaves in the side  yard.

Our bathroom vents both have remote Fantech blowers to keep them away
from skylights.

You should see what I had to do to keep the plumbing vents away from the
skylights.  There's two big vent 'busses' that collect all the kitchen,
bath, outside kitchen, utility etc. sink/toilet/etc. vents and run them
up near the front of the house near the entryway.

I have to think that until now it never occurred to me to figure out
some way to make flames or at least huge dry ice clouds come out of them
at Halloween...

John.