Re: [Shop-talk] Kitchen vent hood?

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Kitchen vent hood?
From: John Miller <jem@milleredp.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Sep 2020 17:07:49 -0700
On 9/20/2020 4:38 PM, John Miller wrote:
> The Thermador blower has two speeds, it and the lights in the hood are
> switched through our Lutron lighting control system, delays had to be
> coded into the switching to ensure that both speeds were not enabled at
> the same time which apparently results in a smoking bit of tin up on the
> roof.

By the way, the fact that we have seven power skylights was not
intentional, it was supposed to be two power and five fixed, but the
firm we ordered from screwed up.  They made us a great deal on them, so
they're here.

In a way I'm glad it worked out that way, because back when we bought it
and it was a poorly-insulated 1965 Sunset Magazine example one of the
first things we did in the first six months was AC and it ran four
months a year.  This in the temperate norcal Bay Area.

Now, with the high roofs and the skylights for ventilation in/out on
opposite sides of the peak, we use it six maybe ten days a year.

John.