Re: [Shop-talk] Cutting holes in small project box

To: Lee Daniels <lee@automate-it.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Cutting holes in small project box
From: Doug Braun <doug@dougbraun.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2020 18:04:54 -0400
Cc: shop-talk@autox.team.net

--000000000000e7fe3105aee8a426

Those step drills (Unibit-style) work really well in sheet metal.  I have a
set of three from HF, and they are very handy.
They will do steel, which you would not want to do with a Forstner bit..

Doug

On Wed, Sep 9, 2020 at 3:52 PM Lee Daniels <lee@automate-it.com> wrote:

> I need to cut a couple of holes in a rather small electronic project box
> (This
> one: https://amz.run/3YjE ) - but I'm not sure how to make nice "pretty"
> holes
> in this. It has both a plastic and metal covers, either one works for me,
> but
> I'll have wires through the plastic side. How does one cut a nice hole in a
> box like this? Ideally I'll have round holes for wiring and at least one
> small
> rectangle for a switch. See photo. Any suggestions appreciated!
>  - Lee_______________________________________________

--000000000000e7fe3105aee8a426

sheet metal.=C2=A0 I have a set of three from HF, and they are very handy.<=
/div><div>They will do steel, which you would not want to do with a Forstne=
e"><div dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmail_attr">On Wed, Sep 9, 2020 at 3:52 PM Lee=
 Daniels &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:lee@automate-it.com";>lee@automate-it.com</a>=
&gt; wrote:<br></div><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0px =
0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex">I ne=
ed to cut a couple of holes in a rather small electronic project box (This<=
br>
one: <a href=3D"https://amz.run/3YjE"; rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">=
https://amz.run/3YjE</a> ) - but I&#39;m not sure how to make nice &quot;pr=
etty&quot; holes<br>
in this. It has both a plastic and metal covers, either one works for me, b=
ut<br>
I&#39;ll have wires through the plastic side. How does one cut a nice hole =
in a<br>
box like this? Ideally I&#39;ll have round holes for wiring and at least on=
e small<br>
rectangle for a switch. See photo. Any suggestions appreciated!<br>

--000000000000e7fe3105aee8a426--

--===============6732049181128608288==

--===============6732049181128608288==--