[Shop-talk] Welding helmet

To: "shop-talk@autox.team.net" <Shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Shop-talk] Welding helmet
From: Jeff Scarbrough <fishplate@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2020 07:02:14 -0400

--000000000000eb18e305aedf62c3

So, I don't weld that much - 3 or 4 times a year, just cobbling stuff
together, mostly.  I had an auto-darkening helmet from HF that seemed to
work OK, until it didn't any more.  So, time to buy a new one.

I can get something similar on Amazon for $35, a similar Miller helmet for
$90, or a fancy one for $300 to $600.  They all seem to have similar
percentages of reviews.

 I'm cheap, but I only have two eyes.  My other choice is to use the opera
glass that came with my cheap welder, or use a flip-down helmet like I did
when I learned how to weld oh so many years ago.

Any recommendations for the occasional welder?

--000000000000eb18e305aedf62c3

 cobbling stuff together, mostly.=C2=A0 I had an auto-darkening helmet from=
 HF that seemed to work OK, until it didn&#39;t any more.=C2=A0 So, time to=
r $35, a similar Miller helmet for $90, or a fancy one for $300 to $600.=C2=
=A0 They all=C2=A0seem to have=C2=A0similar percentages=C2=A0of reviews.</d=
 My other choice is to use the opera glass that came with my cheap welder, =
or use a flip-down helmet like I did when I learned how to weld oh so many =
welder?</div></div>

--000000000000eb18e305aedf62c3--

--===============1692913012046473071==

--===============1692913012046473071==--