[Shop-talk] Airgun pellets

To: Shop Talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Shop-talk] Airgun pellets
From: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 7 Sep 2020 10:46:03 -0700
I suspect there's some lists dedicated to this subject, but I figure
there's gotta be some enthusiasts on this list and I don't want to join
any more. Anyway, I bought a high-powered break-barrel airgun (Gamo
Whisper Fusion Mach 1 IGT) to sharpen my aim--the closest live-fire
range is 45min away--and have a little fun around home (my mom lives on
a 20-acre almond ranch so I have plenty of space). I've been shooting
Gamo per their admonition, but wanted to try some other brands, but
every site that claims to have them is sold out! Anybody know why
there's a .177 pellet drought? I know there's a firearms ammo shortage
due to panic buying, but air pellets?! I noticed a lot of the quality
pellets--and some of the guns--come from Germany, is there some sort of
embargo?

TIA,
Bob