Re: [Shop-talk] Mosquito problem in Central Maryland

To: "eugene.abbondelo@gmail.com" <eugene.abbondelo@gmail.com>, "Shop-talk@autox.team.net" <Shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Mosquito problem in Central Maryland
From: DAVID MASSEY <dave1massey@cs.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2020 11:45:53 +0000 (UTC)

------=_Part_1233260_734481567.1594035953743

 If you have mosquitoes you have standing water somewhere.=C2=A0 They can b=
reed in as little as a cup of water but they can't breed in humidity alone.=
=C2=A0 I had a terrible mosquito problem.=C2=A0 I guessed it was from the d=
rain pipe from the driveway.=C2=A0 It was a corrugated plastic pipe and the=
re was not much pitch so I figured I had some low spots that retained water=
.
I dug this pipe up (about 20 ft) and replaced it with rigid PVC taking care=
 there was at least a little pitch all along the length.=C2=A0 This took ab=
out a weekend due to the fact that I am not as young as I used to be.But th=
e result is I see very few if any mosquitoes these days.=C2=A0 It was a fai=
r amount of work but well worth it.
So check for any drainage pipes and investigate.
=20
Dave=20

=20
=20