Re: [Shop-talk] Mosquito problem in Central Maryland

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Mosquito problem in Central Maryland
From: Mike Sinclair <phoenix722@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 5 Jul 2020 20:36:31 -0700

--------------DD956B46EF794B1218FA3EE6

I read a paper once where some professor had captured a zillion bugs
with a zapper and counted them by species (this is why you have graduate
students!).  Turned out something like 3% were mosquitoes.

Mike

On 7/5/2020 7:46 PM, Jim Franklin wrote:
> Can you get a screen for the door? There are magnetic ones that re-cling
> after you pass through.
>
> As for bug zappers, they kill far more beneficial bugs than mosquitoes; you'd
> be better off with a couple of mosquito magnets but the propane they use to
> generate CO2 can get expensive.
>
> Our community will spray our property but it's temporary, and if you live in
> a swamp, ineffective.
>
> Good luck, I feel your pain.
>
> jim
>
>> On Jul 5, 2020, at 8:21 PM, Gene Abbondelo <eugene.abbondelo@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> My garage is separated from my house and is in a shady area.  I have a big
>> problem with mosquitos in the garage as the area is humid and I'm getting
>> eaten alive.
>>
>> Any suggestions on getting rid of the problem.  Are there spray "bombs" that
>> would work similar to the kind people use for flea problems or is this a
>> problem better left to a pest control company?
>>
>> Thanks for any advice,
>>
>> Gene

--------------DD956B46EF794B1218FA3EE6

  <head>
  </head>
        captured a zillion bugs with a zapper and counted them by
        species (this is why you have graduate students!).  Turned out
        something like 3% were mosquitoes.  <br>
      wrote:<br>
      cite="mid:D5258104-C2C5-476A-BEB8-A4B4C48BDD56@groupwbench.org">
      <pre class="moz-quote-pre" wrap="">Can you get a screen for the door?
There are magnetic ones that re-cling after you pass through.

As for bug zappers, they kill far more beneficial bugs than mosquitoes; you'd
be better off with a couple of mosquito magnets but the propane they use to
generate CO2 can get expensive.

Our community will spray our property but it's temporary, and if you live in a
swamp, ineffective.

Good luck, I feel your pain.

jim

</pre>
        <pre class="moz-quote-pre" wrap="">On Jul 5, 2020, at 8:21 PM, Gene
Abbondelo <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E"
href="mailto:eugene.abbondelo@gmail.com";>&lt;eugene.abbondelo@gmail.com&gt;</a>
wrote:

My garage is separated from my house and is in a shady area.  I have a big
problem with mosquitos in the garage as the area is humid and I'm getting eaten
alive.

Any suggestions on getting rid of the problem.  Are there spray "bombs" that
would work similar to the kind people use for flea problems or is this a
problem better left to a pest control company?

Thanks for any advice,

Gene

<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"
href="mailto:Shop-talk@autox.team.net";>Shop-talk@autox.team.net</a>